Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Self Portrait

Traveling has become a large part of life; my parents are travelers, my siblings are travelers. Its a chisel in which has shaped my personality and future desires. My first trip abroad, a stranger leaned over the middle airplane seat and said 'it's hardly the place that we travel to, but the people we meet. Don't forget to know people along the way'.
This has become a priority of mine, and that stranger placed me on a course which has effected my travels and growing up. My self portrait represents the idea of the stranger; the place is only as good as the people you know in it. I am a small detail within my self portrait because I wanted to focus on the people that have influenced my life along the way. Although I am the skeleton which makes me me, the people I have met around the world has made the outer layers and opinions.
There is no negative space because the existence and traveling is all in layers; there is no negative time in which nothing is happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment