Thursday, October 9, 2014

Abstract Triptych- I Hate Boxes




I Hate Boxes 
Well, first off I didn't want this piece to a transitional abstract piece; I wanted to approach it with an edge and difference. For one thing, I hate boxes. I hate putting things in it, I hate being put into them as a student or writer or person; So I wanted the lines to not really make sense and have to look for the definition of each box. There are three boxes with each of the symbols in them.
I used Wingdings also, so the font isn't even the typical letters but rather symbols. I used my initials in this and represented them or me as a symbol rather than a name or letters. I loved working in the shades rather than color because it gives a feel of balance rather than a typical emotion, which color can sometimes pull out.
I started with triangles partly because of the symbol Wingdings gave me and partly because I wanted the shapes to go somewhere. They ended up moving from these understood shapes and move into more abstract; its like entering the abstraction from something that we are comfortable with.

No comments:

Post a Comment